I offer the following services
Hi! I’m Jean Sum – Coach for young Asian-Australian Women, Dancer and Senior Partnerships Leader. I look forward to supporting and guiding you to be fully seen, heard and felt at work and in your life.
Sum of Jean Coaching Program – 3 month
Sum of Jean Coaching Program is for Asian-Australian Women who are ready to embody and integrate their logical brilliance with their Asian-Australian qualities and feminine identity.
You are ready for change and to deep dive into exploring ways to be more seen, heard and felt at work. You are ambitious and ready to live more fully – aligning with who you truly are and balancing expectations – internal and external.
For three months, I will guide you to implement 2 goals and intentions into your life. We will work together to identify the themes and underlying challenges which I will invite you to explore.
- Navigating your early career
- Exploring your Asian-Australian qualities such as respect, resilience, perfectionism, technical brilliance and harnessing these as your strengths
- Embodying your feminine energy such as expression, intuition, vulnerability, fierceness
- Exploring any belief that might be holding you from being all of you
- Identify, recognise and embrace the qualities that make you unique and harnessing them as your strengths
Your 3 month personalised Mentoring Program includes:
- 1x 45 minute Discovery Call to chat about your dreams and desires
- Deep-dive Questionnaire
- Goal setting, identifying strengths and areas you would like to explore/improve
- 6x 1hr Coaching Sessions
- Summary of key themes from each session including homeplay
- Email support
Your Coaching program is a unique experience designed and developed with and for you.
Clarity Call Consult
Clarity Call is for the High Achiever looking to fast track their journey.
On this Clarity Call, I will support you to work through a decision, be a sounding board, or to inspire and support you in something you want to change or achieve. This service is best suited for Asian-Australian Women who are looking to fine tune and and work on one intention to help them on their journey.
Your intention can be anything you want it to be and I will support you on your path.
Some common options are: making a decision about a particular path of study, choosing one job offer over another, wanting fresh ideas and input about your diet/exercise routine, deciding what is the immediate best pathway to explore for a potential career.
With this Clarity Call, you’ll receive:
- Pre-consult Questionnaire
- 1 x 60 minute online Clarity Call Consult
- Email support over 2 weeks post Clarity Call
- 1 x 30 minute online follow up Support Call
Asian Women Rising – Women’s Circle
This is your invitation
Close your eyes.
Place your hand on your heart.
May you be loved.
May you be seen, heard and felt by this group of Women
May you feel connected and the sense of belonging
May you be welcomed into this space.
I invite you to Asian Women Rising – my Women’s Circle to claiming our space.
How does this feel?
Now open your eyes.
This sacred space is created for Asian Women who feel called to connect with others. A safe space to be seen, heard and felt.
To be unapologetically us.
To laugh, cry, share and bring our collective wisdom together so that we raise ourselves, raise each other and rise together to claim our space.
For each circle, I will feel into the space of what is most alive and called to by each woman, and I will create a theme for our time together.
Short guided meditation and movement practices are weaved throughout the Circle with the invitation for verbal sharing.
This is a space created for 8 Asian Women.
Are you ready?
Public Speaking and Facilitation
I provide a unique, powerful and welcoming voice to different panels and events on:
- Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and community
- The Asian-Australian Women experience
- Creating opportunities for Asian-Australians to be seen and heard
- Community-corporate partnerships
- Leading a heart-mind-body integrated life and career
- Building a career that aligns with one’s values, strengths and desires
My portfolio includes:
- MC for The Australian National University Gala to farewell Chancellor Professor the Hon Gareth Evans AC QC
- Quietly Powerful Leader with Megumi Miki
- The Ambitious Business Leaders Show with Zviko Masiiwa, Ambitious Tribe
- Panel Facilitator – Reversing the Gendered Effects of COVID-19 with ANU Alumni Impact Makers
My intention is to hold space for you as we explore and unravel your qualities in a safe space.
All of you is welcome.
Why work with me?
- I understand the courage it takes to create a values-aligned career – having built a successful multi-sector career across Corporate, Community and University sectors – I can help you navigate your own path that aligns with who you are
- I have been successfully mentoring young Asian-Australian Women for over 7 years in making challenging decisions at different intersections of their lives
- I have and continue to journey through my identity as an Asian-Australian Woman – a unique exploration to truly support the women I work with
- I developed the first global alumni mentoring program for the Australian National University and have in-depth experience in creating a successful mentoring program
- I am completing my 3 year Biodanza Facilitation training which embodies disciplines such as psychology and physiology – I use Biocentric principles in my coaching to bring in our physical body intelligence
- I bring the Beautiful You Academy Life Coaching Academy techniques and processes to support my clients
Praise and Testimonials
As Coach & Mentor:
“…Jean is a nurturer and a truly gifted mentor. Jean is a wonderful listener and she holds the space for you to be vulnerable, whilst also providing encouragement and guidance on what steps to take next. She has helped me to regain confidence in myself, to tune into my intuition, and to embrace the risk involved in pursuing my dream. I feel that she believes in me and my vision, which moves me and motivates me to keep going despite the fear of failure. Through Jean’s mentorship, I have been learning to ask for what I need and to recognise my strengths. I have also gained a new appreciation of my qualities that reflect my Asian cultural background, which are often undervalued in Australian workplaces and society. After several months of being mentored by Jean, I am more determined to pursue my goals and I am more hopeful that I can achieve them. Jean gives her time and shares her knowledge from her heart – I feel truly blessed to be mentored by her...”
Monique Dam, Sydney
As Facilitator & Speaker:
“Jean’s ability to take vague concepts and frame them into a structured conversation, as well as weave in her personal experiences and perspectives into the narrative without detracting from the conversation is something seasoned professionals still can learn from. Every step of the process that required Jean’s involvement was a pleasure.“
Charlen Vandervalk, The Australian National University